Eat it Your Way
Bung it in your cakehole with lashings of custard, or stick out your pinkie and nibble a slice with a cup of fine tea.
Would you like to get adventurous? How about trying this recipe for Jamaican Ginger Cheesecake?
- 1 McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake (Blighty's)
- 1 pack McVities Digestive biscuits (Blighty's)
- 100g butter
- 400g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g creme fraiche (mix 1 tbsp live yogurt with 1 cup heavy cream and leave in a warm place overnight; refrigerate unused portion)
- 100g demerara sugar (Blighty's)
- 200ml heavy cream
- Melt the butter, crumble the biscuits, stir together and press into the base of a flan dish then place in fridge to cool
- Crumble the cake, mix with cream cheese, icing sugar & creme fraiche and spread over the base. Make a spiral in the top by pressing with a finger. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Melt the butter, add demerara sugar and stir until dissolved then add heavy cream to make a toffee sauce. Pour toffee sauce into spiral on top of cake. Refrigerate and serve.