- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 red peppers
- 400g tin chick peas
- 400g tin red kidney beans
- 2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Half a kilo ground beef
- 1 pack Colman's Chilli Con Carne mix
- Peel and chop the fresh veggies and lightly fry in olive oil until softened
- Brown the ground beef then add to the cooked veggies
- Add 1 cup water and the tinned ingredients to the pot
- Sprinkle in the Colman's Chilli Con Carne mix
- Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for one hour
Serve with Basmati rice, a baked potato or even just big chunks of crusty bread.
The Colman's Chilli Con Carne mix is available at Blighty's for just $2.99.